Image Map

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Burlap & Glitter!
my name is Ashley and I also blog over at…
Me and Marie Learning
I started this blog to document all my crafting and diy processes.  I also am happy to share my ideas and projects with you, so come follow along!
Here is the 1st project on this here lil’ blog:
Reminder Board 
DSC06575
This board is on the wall right at the top of our stairs, serving our family as a constant reminder of how to live life.
I not only love the message, I love the look of this board too.
We created this piece by using bead board paneling, grey spray paint and molding.
I bought the vinyl saying at Design Divas on Etsy.
First, I sprayed the paneling grey (it was already primed and ready), sanded to give it a roughed up look and antiqued in the groves using Valspar Antiquing Glaze.
Then, we nailed the bead board to the wall and added the vinyl.  It was not easy getting the vinyl on the bumpy paneling, but it worked out.
DSC06570
Then, we added the painted black molding to the top and bottom to give it more of a finished look.
[DSC06576%255B15%255D.jpg]
I still debate on adding molding to the sides as well.  What do you think?


Linking up with


I Heart Nap Time         

No comments:

Post a Comment