Image Map

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Crockpot Beef Stew- SO good!

  It is getting COLD here in the Midwest.  The cold weather always makes me want one of my favorite recipes… Beef Stew.  I can remember my mom making this stew when I was younger and I love it (so does the Hubs!).  I am not sure where my mom got the recipe from originally, I just got it from her.  But, I wanted to share the yumminess with you!

 DSC07273

Crockpot Beef Stew

 

-carrots- cut into pieces (I use bagged baby carrots, because they are easy.  I usually use about half the bag and I cut the baby carrots into 2 or 3 pieces.

-3-4 potatoes cut up (I peel them first.  We are not fans of the skin.)

- onion- quartered (or more if you love onion like we do)

-1 pkg of beef stew meat (my mom sometimes uses a roast cut up, it tastes awesome.  I just do the beef stew meat because it is easy.)

-1 cup water

-1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

-1 tsp. garlic salt

-1 bay leaf (dig this out before serving!)

-1 tbs. salt

-1/2 tsp. pepper

-1/2 tsp. paprika

-1 beef bullion cube

 

Put all ingredients into the crockpot.  No need to cook beef stew meat before placing in slow cooker.  Cook 6-8 hours on low.

 DSC07274

OOHHH!!!  The smell that permeates throughout the house…awesomesauce. 

 DSC07277

If you try this recipe, let me know how ya like it!

 

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment